Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Lent & Stress
Update: I had a freaking blast on the ski trip this weekend. Since the next post is post 200... I'm not going to post about the ski trip until post 201... Plus I still haven't uploaded my pictures. But.. I won't be posting post 200 until the end of this week because I have a paper/presentation to do, as well as study for a test... all due Thursday... You guys may see me pop up in ya'll comment sections from time-to-time (when I need a quick break from school work) but I won't be around all like that this week.... Hope all is well with you :-)

Today is Ash Wednesday which marks the start of Lent… the 40 days and nights before Easter… In the Catholic Church, we give up something dear to you during this time in order to become closer to God. (I believe they do this in other denominations of Christianity.. but I don’t for sure.) Anyways… I was debating what I was going to give up… I thought about sex but that wouldn’t be fair to GTL. I thought about sodas… but whenever I drink too much, I need ginger ale in the morning…. I thought about fast foods, but since I’ve started trying to lose weight, I don’t eat fast food that much anymore…. I’ve thought about alcohol… but let’s face it, I’m a lush and I don’t have the will power to stop. LOL. So I think I’m going to give up profanity. I try to tone it down here on the blog… but umm.. I curse like a sailor for real. So I think that’s what I’m giving up… I’m also going to work on some other personal things within.

Yesterday was a long day for me… People get a 3-day weekend and come back RETARDED!!! We were sooo busy yesterday and I hated it. And I have a bunch of other stuff going on…

March 9th is starting to give me a headache… well not the day itself, but the owner of the club. First, he wanted to rent out the 3rd floor b/c that’s guaranteed money for him… Ok, but what about us? No offense, but we’re going to NEED all 3 floors of that club for our guests to be comfortable. If we only have the first 2 floors to deal with, they’re going to be cramped and probably (1) leave early (2) never come back to one of our events again (3) depending on how packed it is in there, niggas may get the fighting cause drinks are getting spilled on them and they keep getting bumped into… I can go on and on about what could happen if all we had were 2 floors. So I drafted this nice long email (since dude never called me back) expressing my concerns. He replies back w/ “The event will be moved, but I need to know how many people you plan to have.” I want to curse w/ this answer!!!! But I’ll just say, I don’t know. How can I say how many people exactly we’re going to have… Just cause we have 150-200 people on our email list, doesn’t mean that that’s all we’re going to have there. Who knows who they’re going to bring with them. And it also doesn’t mean that just b/c they’re on our list, they’re going to come. And what about the people that we know that’s NOT on our email list? And what about all the people that we’re promoting to???? He’s pissing me off. I’m coming to learn that the club owners in this city are shady! And I ain’t got time! Hopefully our next experience in May will be a lot smoother.

I have 2 more classes left for this session… I have a paper, presentation and a test next Thursday. I was supposed to work on my paper this week, but I couldn’t b/c I need approval from my teacher 1st (on the topic) and also, I had to wash clothes and pack for this ski trip. Although I’m excited about going, it comes at the most inopportune time. So next week I’ll have to read 4 boring ass chapters to study for my test, as well as write a 3 page paper and prepare a presentation. I thought about taking my book on the trip to read on the bus… But once everybody gets to drinking on there, I’m sure they’re going to be nice & loud & rowdy, so what’s the point? Monday was supposed to be a day of rest, but It’ll be spend reading and writing. Sucks to be me!!!

**** On a lighter note... One more post until 200 ****
 
posted by TTD at 2/21/2007 10:27:00 AM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger SomeOne

    ummm don't you have a mp3 player. You can drown out the drunks.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger TTD

    but then i'll be listening to my music & not readin...

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Ladynay

    Sucks to be you??? WTH??? Whatever!

    No need to take your book with you on the trip cuz you not gonna open it!

    The clubs here change names every few months, I wonder if the owners being shady has a thing to do with it? Hmmmmmmm

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    you should tell the club owner you'll have enough ppl to comfortably fill the 3 levels. ;-)

    i forgot all about Ash Wednesday until i saw some ppl in my office building w/ the ash crosses on their foreheads. i didn't know you were Catholic. then again, why would i know that? :-)

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    The club owner sounds like he's just trying to hedge his bets. I'm sure after you throw that first successful party that he'll be a lot more willing and begging to do business with you. If any of your parties ever involve female strippers and they need an oil, glitter, or thong boy then let me know.

    Does niggas count as profanity? If so then you can go back to cussing. LOL!

    Happy 199!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger TTD

    ladynay - it does suck to be me.. instead of sleeping in.. i have to read =(

    bb - i started not to reply at all! but i came up w/ a nice little email back to him ;-) i wont be able to get my ashes today =(

    freaky - i hope so! umm.. im going to say no! it doesnt count. lol

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    giving up cursing huh? How long is that going to last? lol lol huh?
    oh did you watch the YOUTUBE thing on my page with Puffy's son?

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger SilkySmooth

    check out my page

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    Fuck that giving up cursing shit.

    I wouldn't last a damn day with that.

    I don't do lent anyway. Maybe I'm too self-indulgent but I don't like the fact that it represents deprivation. What is up with that...I don't get it. I don't see how it benefits my life so I don't bother.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    OHHHH you said the A word LOL..sike I'm joking. I should try giving up something...hmmm perhaps talking about folks I tend to that alot..Lord forgive me LOL

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    yaz - hopefully for 40 days! i wasnt able to see it =(

    silk - im going to have to blogroll u

    mistress - it's hard for me too!

    honey - that's not nice honey! lol

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger deepnthought

    So, if my sister and I do get to come, make sure you point him out to us so we can trip the stupid owner. sike.... I know everything will turn out well. Enjoy your ski trip and then come back and get your study on.....

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I was considering giving up booze for Lent as well, but that seems a bit extreme ;-)

    Club owners are very shady. When I did club promotions I tried to sell tickets. Then at least I would have a head count fot the owner. It is tough though.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger *snake*bite*

    I have been catching up on your last 3 blogs for the past 2 days - been mad busy at work and home isn't too great either!

    I really hope you enjoy this Ski trip you deserve a break.

    Work sounds as mad-busy over there as it is here, i don't know what it is about the word helpdesk but people seem to call on a monday and think we can fix EVERYTHING from a hangover to the tiniest computer problem - RETARDED is the right word you picked!!!

    Good luck on the profanity thing!!!
    Nuff said on that situ!!!

    Not sure what i will do for lent - can't really give up sex as he is away so aint getting enough to give it up!!!

    xxS*Bxx

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    god is preditory on children::::

    So many runaway children, 15 year old girls who landed on the streets of Hollywood and elsewhere, ended up prostituting themselves.
    This is a topic that nicely illustrates how god is preditory on children, for not only did they popularize the notion of casual sex back in the 60s they instructed Artificial Intelligence to desensitized young women. Now we have people prostituting themselves through college and even choosing to turn tricks in high school.
    I suspect it ocurrs far more frequently then they will admit:::I suggest parents inquire about the status of their female children.
    Sadly, far too often these parents too are corrupted, and they think their daughters are earning by corrupting these young men.
    god is preditory on children.
    This tempation-based popular culture is targetted at the young people:::::It creates "open doors" which are designed to manufacture dysfunctions by conditioning them with peaked euphoria ("magic").
    Of course the magic merely justifies the god's behavior with Artificial Intelligence.

    Homeless runaways go to Hollywood - gods making a statement/offering a clue about this industry.
    The gods place no importance in these individuals. Only this Manifest Destinty society does.
    And since there are multiples for each movie none of them are important.
    They are disposable.