Monday, February 05, 2007
Friday we had a happy hour. But Friday it also snowed… So our faithful patrons came out… and others didn’t. I still had fun, so it doesn’t matter! After the happy hour we went to dinner at Houlihan’s. I think they have the best hot wings ever… But after dinner, I really had to ask… why do we come here? Because the service sucks! And then I was reminded of the mini-martinis that I love so much. I’m such a lush! LOL. Hey bloggers from the Baltimore-Meet-N-Greet… remember our waiter, Lil’ Michael? He was there! And he remembered us! I wanted him to be our waiter but he couldn’t =(

Saturday, I slept most of the day. And then GTL and I headed to PA to visit my best friend. Her daughter was “crying” for ME… but when we got there.. she wanted GTL. Go figure. But her dad made me some hot wings (yes, I’m addicted to those things!) E made GTL some catfish. We ate well! And we watched Old School and Road Trip and just bugged out.

Sunday, I slept late again, but then I worked on some things for March 9th. Then I read a little bit, before that boring ass book put me back to sleep! Then I went to a Super Bowl party. I really wasn’t in the mood to be there, since my beloved Ravens weren’t playing… I thought the Bears were going to win it for a minute there… but we all saw what happened. =( Congrats to the Colts though… I’m not that much of a hater. I stayed until after Prince’s performance and then I went home. The Ravens fucked that all up! We should've been in the super bowl w/ Prince performing Purple Rain... do you know how pumped our fans would've been at half time to hear that song, with them purpling out the stadium?

Some of the commercials were really funny. They were a lot better than last year. I loved the Snickers commercial.. and the Bud Light commercial (the one with the immigrants) and the Doritos commercial when the dude runs into the car. Now what I didn’t like about the commercials… is that every other one, was about how far we Blacks have come. Don’t get it twisted… that’s great that 2 Black coaches made it to the Super Bowl for the 1st time… but if the NFL hired more Black coaches… that would’ve happened a long time ago! Anyways… I was just tired of seeing a commercial about race every other break.

But I got home… washed some clothes. Attempted to read a little bit… watch Criminal Minds and then fell fast asleep! How was your weekend?
 
posted by TTD at 2/05/2007 08:51:00 AM | Permalink |


20 Comments:


  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Yeah, it snowed here too, but I bet y'all didn't have the below zero temps. LOL like that's something to brag about!

    I liked some of the same commercials you liked. But it just seemed so different this year, because the Super bowI was here last year and I wish I could have been down in Miami this year.

    My friend wanted me to find out if the person you said might want the room in Vegas is serious.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger SomeOne

    I member Lil Michael. LOL..

    i didn't watch the superbowl. I just watched the commercials on myspace. I wasn't amused. Some were ok. But nothing ha ha....I need to find prince's performance online now, so that my superbowl experience will be complete. Cause I can go without the football part. LOL

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger TTD

    laa - the snow didnt even stick! it was just coming down really hard.. yeah they're serious... it just depends on the price...

    some1 - lmao @ "i can go w/o the football part" ur such a girl :-)

    tsg - i forgot about that commercial.. that one was funny as hell! especially the old man.. his scrawney self! lol

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    I was in a state of depression which i will blog later about :*(

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl

    My weekend was bland. I was sick on Friday, went out with the homies on Sat, and did a girls Superbowl party on Sunday but I was the only one into the dayum game. I was so proud of the Colts. I love Tony Dungy!!!

    Oh that Snickers commercial with the 2 dudes eating the same Snickers bar...UGH!!! I was like this is too dayum much LOL!!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Enigma

    Sounds like I need to come back to the area for 'weekend' fun! No pics though... :( Sounds like ya all had a good time during the game. Congrats to Dungy and SMith!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger TTD

    missy - (((HUGS)))

    rd - hope ur feeling better! i was like.. that's so gay! but i couldnt help but laugh!

    enigma - just make sure u come home march 9th! and we always got pics.. www.tnjpromotions.com/Gallery.html

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I love hot wings. I try to stay away, but I love them.

    We do not get to see most of the commericals in Canada, but I heard about the Snickers commercial and it has been called homophobic. I am not really surprised. The commercials seemed to be geared to men, but we all know that it is just not just men who watch the Superbowl.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger TTD

    check them out here: http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Lāā

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Now I want some WANGS! Not wings :-)

    That Doritoes commercial was shot in Cary, NC not too far from here. Some dudes won a contest and that's what they produced. They keep talking about it here. *sigh*

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    I love wings emmm emm especially with RANCH LOL. Glad you had fun I watched the super bowl a lil, laughes at the commericals then was knocked out..praying that it was saturday again when I woke up LOL

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    It's funny how they usually put the best commercials on in the first half because they know people won't stick around for the second half if it's a blow out. None of the commercials I saw this year were LOL funny. A couple made me chuckle but most of them either feel flat or made me think you paid that much money for that?!

    I think it's messed up that it's 2007 and we're still running around talking about the first black so and so to do whatever. Not to diminish their accomplishments but I'll be glad when blacks doing something isn't so noteworthy because they've been doing it forever.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger TTD

    ladynay - dont u hate when they run things into the ground?

    honey - i love ranch dressing on them too! i had that same prayer too! lol

    freaky - i think the commercials were better than last year.. and that is sooo true, which is why i was sooo sick of seeing those damn commerical.. "be proud to celebrate black history month, especially today?" WTF! why today?? has anything significant really happened on this day in history???????

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger deepnthought

    hey ms ladymaam,

    I was into the superbowl and the commercials were ok. I missed the frogs.. Anyway, glad you had a good weekend. I miss chicken. I miss wings but hey...... Shoot me an email about march 9. I think I will be in the area.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    TTD u already know I was feelin the CHEVY comnercial...lmao
    But the snickers commercial had to be the funniest...lmao.lol

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger TTD

    dnt - those frogs were funny as hell! lol.

    yaz - i thought of u when i saw that commercial!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Organized Noise

    Houlihan's . . . oh the memories. Gonna go re-read my B-more meet & greet recap post now.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Beana

    I'm out of the loop. I didnt watch the Superbowl so I have no clue what chall talkin bout. :(

    But having the Ravens in the Superbowl and having Prince there would have been GREAT! The city woulda been in total chaos :)

    I miss home. I think it's time for me to make a MD run.

    Other than that, just stopped by to say hey!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor

    Can't believe you all are getting snow and we aren't! I Love it!